Dust Control, Hydraulic Engineering Projects
Rene Wedding, P.Eng., owner of R. E. Wedding Associates Consulting Engineers, has completed a number of projects recently. Project types range from dust control to material handling, hydraulic design and electrical engineering. Have a look:
Kinder Morgan VWL Canada
- Detailed design, shop drawing review and project management for upgrading 10 air-supported grain handling conveyors at the Berth 5 agri facility.
- Upgrade of agri pneumatic transfer system for grain dust
- Agri dumper hydraulic upgrade
- CAPEX estimates, field work and co-ordination
- Materials handling, maintenance and safety training for operations and maintenance of agri handling facility.
ADM _AMA New Orleans LA USA
- Preliminary design of air-supported conveyors for new Super Panamax shiploader and C-23 barge unloading conveyor replacement.
- CAPEX estimates
Bunge Destrehan New Orleans LA USA
- Preliminary design of 72” air-supported outloading conveyors for new shiploader for River Consulting
- CAPEX estimates
Master Plan for Port of Sept Ilses Quebec (Moffatt & Nichol)
- Master plan for iron ore and additional products (apatite/phosphorus, pellets, coke breeze, bentonite, limestone, coal) shipment through the port up to 2021
- Budget OPEX estimates
- Owners engineer for upgrade work
Upgrade of Existing Rio Cordoba Columbia Iron Ore Facilty (Moffatt & Nichol)
- Design and specifications for 15 Mtpa iron ore shipping facility in Santa Marta Columbia for Goldman Sachs
- Bid review for travelling shiploaders, yard and overland conveyors and stacker reclaimers.
Preliminary Design and Report for Odessa Ukraine Export Grain Facility (Moffatt & Nichol London England)
- Conceptual design and budget estimate for a 5 Mtpa export grain facility, including conveying, materials handling, storage, cleaning, shiploading, rail and road infrastructure for MRIYA, Kiev
- Work included site visits to Odessa, Ukraine for design meetings with MRIYA in Kiev, and meetings in Rotterdam with Mag Commodities, which was formed under the direction of Christian Joerg (formerly VP Viterra) to head up the project team. Best available practical technologies were reviewed with project team members and an overall design review of all terminal design components was conducted
- Design reports, CAPEX and OPEX estimates were produced and submitted
PSI Fluid Power, Vancouver, BC Ferry Dock Hydraulic design review
- Design review of hydraulics for BC Ferry corporation Alert Bay Ferry Terminal ramp
Metro Vancouver Water Works, Vancouver, Canada
- Design of hydraulics for Seymour/Capilano Filtration Plant, including electrical, controls, automation, hydraulics
- Project tendering and review
- Start-up and commissioning